And they say high school has absolutely nothing do do with real life... *sigh*
Name: ________________ Alias: ____________ Gang: ________________
1. Johnny has an AK-47 with an 80 round clip. If he missed 6 out of 10 shots and shoots 18 times at each drive-by shooting, how many drive-by shootings can he attempt before he shoots 50 people?
2. Jose has 2 ounces of cocaine and he sells an 8 bal to Jackson for $820 and 2 grams to Billy for $85 per gram. What is the street value of the balance of the cocaine if he doesn't cut it?
3. Rufus is pimping for three girls. If the price is $65 for each trick, how many tricks will each girl have to turn so Rufus can pay for his $800 per day crack habit?
4. Jerome wants to cut his 1/2 pound of heroine to make 20% more profit. How many ounces of cut will he need?
5. Willie gets $200 for stealing a BMW, $50 for a Chevy, and $100 for a 4x4, if he has stolen 2 BMW's and 3 4x4's, how many Chevy's will he have to steal to make $800?
6. Raul is in prison for 6 years for murder. He got $25,000 for the hit. If his common law wife is spending $250 per month, how much will be left when he gets out of prison and how many years will he get for killing the bitch that spent his money?
7. If the average spray can covers 22 sq. ft. and the average letter is 8 sq. ft., how many letters can a tagger spray with 8 cans of paint?
8. Hector knocked up 6 girls in his gang. There are 27 girls in the gang. What percentage of the girls in the gang has Hector knocked up?
9. Rosie's sole source of income is shoplifting. If she gets 10 cents on the dollar from her fence, how much merchandise must she shoplift each week to make $250.
10. Mike carjacked a Chevy Camaro for his date Saturday night with his young 14 year old girlfriend. He was arrested that night while making his girlfriend in the backseat. How much prison time is he looking for for the carjacking and for statutory rape, even though the girl looked legal? Assume no prior convictions in arriving at your answer.
1. Johnny hits 15*(4/10) people per drive-by, which means that he will have to participate in 9 drive bys to shoot 50 people. However, he will have completed two drive-by shootings and be just starting the third when he has to reload. Since he only stole a single clip, he'll only have shot 16 people when the homeboys with the Uzis' make Swiss cheese out of him.
2. At 454 grams per pound, 2oz of the rock = 56.75 grams. An "8 ball" is 8 grams, so pony has sold 10 grams total and has 46.75 grams left. If he keeps selling 8-balls, he can sell 5 more (for a total of 5*$320=$1,600) and have 6.75 grams for his own nose. If he sells 2 gram packs, he can sell (46/2-23) packs at $85 apiece = (23*$85)=$1,955. However, he could divide it into small parts, bake it up into crack and sell the rocks for an even larger profit. This problem is really more suited for the Gang Multi-Variable Economics Test.
3. 800/$64=12 tricks plus a dance. Also, Ron should consider making a deal with Pony from Question #2.
4. If he sells the cut heroin at the same price per unit volume, he will need 20% more volume. 20% of 1/2 pound (=8oz) is 1.6oz. So, Jarome will need 1.6oz of cut to add to the 8 oz of heroin to get 20% more volume. He will want a cut which looks similar to raw heroin and has approximately the same melting point. Plain sugar or laundry detergent are suggested. Laundry detergent has the added benefit of removing the possibility of customer complaints, but will sharply limit repeat business.
5. Willie has made 2*$200 + 3*$100=$700 dollars from his theft so far. He needs $100 more, so he needs to steal $100/$50=2 more Chevy's. However, he will probably want to steal 4 Chevy's so he can take the extra two and make a really def low-rider.
6. 6 years*12 months/year*$250/month=$18,000. Raul will have $25,000 - $18,000 = $7,000 left when he gets out of prison. If Raul kills her in the USA, he should expect to get 6 years. However, if he takes her down to Mexico and buries her scrawny, track-marked butt in the desert, he can get off scott free.
7. 3 cans of paint will cover 3*22=66 square feet. 66/4=16 letters with a little paint left over to spray in the eyes of the cop who's comin' after you. Or the tagger could do 15 letters and a bitchin' skull.
8. 6/27=22% of the girls. However, 2 of them are lying because they've been sleeping with Pedro, Hector's lieutenant. So, in actuality, Hector only knocked up 4/27 or 14.8%.
9. Solve X/10=250 for X, X=$2,500.
10. Mike is only 12 so he will serve no time and will be doing it again to his girlfriend in the lot in someone else's car next Saturday.