Subject: Cover Letter and Resume
From: Pam North <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 15:03:25 -0700

February 4, 2004

Pam North
P.O. Box 343
Pinecliffe, CO  80471
(303) 642-3162

Daily Camera
Human Resources
P.O. Box 4579
Boulder, CO 80306

I am responding to your recent mewspaper advertisement for the
position of Advertising Assistant.

I have excellent writing and proof-reading skills.  I have been
writing on a weekly basis for a local newspaper for five years, having
responsibility for at least one major article and a cooking column in
each issue.  I also have written many press releases for various
subjects.  If you would like writing samples, I can easily furnish
them to you upon request.

I have effectively publicized and merchandised a large wildlife
rehabilitation organization, and have written advertising copy for a
television station in Texas.

I have an extensive creative background, having won an art scholarship
and several awards for my art, sculpture and photography.  I have
designed a county flag and several logos for various organizations,
events and businesses, and I have some experience in layouts.

My career field in most recent years has been real property appraisal,
but encompassed within the duties of that job were many aspects that
would have relevance to the position you are advertising.  I have
extensive successful experience in dealing with people; providing
outstanding customer service is something on which I place great
importance and take pride in offering.  Organization, attention to
detail and accurate record-keeping have been inherent in my
profession; I leave an excellent paper trail.  I am very motivated to
perform, and take reponsibility seriously.  As my previous jobs were
often very complex, I am comfortable with multi-tasking, and can work
well under pressure to meet deadlines. I have good computer skills,
and am familiar with Wordperfect and Lotus.  I own my own computer,
and presently work in Linux, but am familiar with Microsoft Windows as
well.

Prior to my career in property appraisal, I accumulated several years
of work experience in retail sales, public relations, publicity,
management, and light bookkeeping - all of which seem to be helpful in
many jobs.

I am most willing to come in for an interview, so please feel free to
call me at the number above.  It is my hope that you will give serious
consideration to my qualifications and desire to work for your
company.  

Thank you for your attention and consideration.

Sincerely,

Pam North

PAMELA KATHRYN NORTH

P.O. BOX 343
PINECLIFFE, CO  80471
(303) 642-3162

CAREER PROFILE 
Fifteen years as an appraiser, eleven of which I was chief appraiser,
and six months of which I was a review appraiser for a bond project.
Twenty years experience encompassing retail sales, publicity, public
relations, merchandising, and award-winning projects in art, writing 
and photography.

PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS
Founded and organized a wildlife rehabilitation group, Wildlife Rescue, Inc.
(Austin, TX), and assisted in its growth; this organization aids 3,000 to
3,500 birds and mammals annually.
Managed a city recreation center (Austin, TX) and a small store 
(Amarillo, TX).
Served for ten years on Gilpin County Planning Commission.

PROFESSIONAL SKILLS 
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and organizational
abilities.  Familiarity and experience with computer; proficiency in
WordPerfect, Lotus, and Excel.  Extensive experience in customer
relations, publicity, journalism, management, merchandising.

WORK HISTORY
1/99 to Now   - Free-lance writer for a weekly newspaper.  
3/92 to 5/03  - Gilpin County Assessor's Office (Central City, CO) - 
                Chief Appraiser.  
8/90 to 3/92  - Came to Colorado and worked in real estate, insurance, 
                and automobile sales.
2/90 to 8/90  - Travis County Public Improvements and Transportation Dept.,
                Right-of-Way Section (Austin, Texas) - Review Appraiser 
                for a 6-month bond project.  
12/88 to 2/90 - Travis County Tax Office (Austin,Texas)- Tax Analyst 
3/83 to 10/86 - Williamson County Appraisal District (Georgetown, Texas)-
                Appraiser.
11/78 to 4/83 - Austin Tax Department (Austin, Texas)- Clerk.

EDUCATION
Austin Community College (Austin, TX)- Associate Degree.  Graduated 1987 
on Scholastic Achievement Roll.

PERSONAL TRAITS
Professional demeanor, outgoing personality, decisive, resourceful.
Excellent follow-through and problem-solving skills, attention to detail.
Honest, ethical, adaptable and reliable.