gluCylinder: draw a cylinder.
C Specification |
gluCylinder draws a cylinder oriented along the Z axis. The base of
the cylinder is placed at Z = 0, and the top at Z =
height. Like a sphere, a cylinder is subdivided around
the Z axis into slices, and along the Z axis into stacks.
- Specifies the quadrics object (created with gluNewQuadric).
- Specifies the radius of the cylinder at z = 0.
- Specifies the radius of the cylinder at z =
- Specifies the height of the cylinder.
- Specifies the number of subdivisions around the Z axis.
- Specifies the number of subdivisions along the Z axis.
Note that if top is set to 0.0, this routine generates a cone.
If the orientation is set to GLU_OUTSIDE (with gluQuadricOrientation), then
any generated normals point away from the Z axis. Otherwise, they point toward
the Z axis.
If texturing is turned on (with gluQuadricTexture), then texture
coordinates are generated so that t ranges linearly from 0.0 at Z
= 0 to 1.0 at Z = height, and s
ranges from 0.0 at the +Y axis, to 0.25 at the +X axis, to 0.5 at the Y axis, to 0.75 at the X axis, and back to 1.0 at the +Y axis.